Enter the Ever-Expanding Field of Cybersecurity!
Online Professional Cybersecurity Training in as Little as 16-Months*
“The Cybersecurity BOOM!”
- An ACHIEVABLE IT specialty. No computer/IT background is needed!
- JOBS, JOBS, JOBS! Cybersecurity professionals are IN DEMAND! Employment is projected to grow 32% from 2018-2028, much faster than the average for ALL OTHER OCCUPATIONS! (www.bls.gov)
- UNEMPLOYMENT RATE of 0%! The unemployment rate for cybersecurity dropped to 0% in 2016, and has stayed there since! As we rely more on digital data, the need for qualified cyber professionals increases. (cybersecurityventures.com)
- EXCELLENT EARNINGS POTENTIAL! Cybersecurity professionals median pay is more than double the median pay across all occupations! (www.bls.gov)
- Start with traditional IT knowledge like computers and networks.
- Add training on ways cybercriminals try to break in and steal information.
- Then learn how to:
- prevent an attack,
- identify an attack,
- respond to an attack,
- analyze after an attack to create a more secure IT environment.
THAT IS CYBERSECURITY!
Employers Want Certifications – Get Ready for Your First Two!
If you are looking to quickly start an entry-level career in Cybersecurity, consider our 16-month* Associate’s Degree program. For higher-level positions, our 31-month** Bachelor’s Degree program will take you to the next level.
At Valley College, we offer two Cybersecurity degree programs ideal for technology-minded individuals who love working with computers and are interested in helping protect critical data from cyber-based attacks.
- Jan 3rd to Oct 13thCybersecurity Training: Cybersecurity Training Valley College (Akron, OH Info Center) 2884 S. Arlington Road Akron OH United States 44312 If you are interested in the world of computer security and the protection of digital data, you should consider our 16-month* Associate's or 31-month** Bachelor's online degree programs in Cybersecurity.https://valley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/AdobeStock_37429366.jpegValley College
The best way to see if Valley College is the right fit for you is to contact an Admissions Representative. Get more information on the Cybersecurity program, career prospects, and financial aid options so that you can make an informed decision about your future. Get more info today.
Become a Confident Cybersecurity Professional
Both Cybersecurity programs are designed to provide you with the practical experience and up-to-date skills needed to be competitive in today’s job market. You will receive industry-relevant instruction and real-life exercises in a wide variety of important areas related to Cybersecurity, including:
- Creating, supporting, and securing various types of networks and systems
- Design, implement and integrate cyber controls to protect both on-premise wired and wireless networks as well as data and systems in the cloud
- Working through complex technological challenges facing many industries today
- Creating project outlines that focus on building solutions that meet the needs of consumers and individuals alike
- You will also be exposed to the latest hacking threats and security challenges, as well as the skills you need to combat these Cybersecurity threats and challenges
Whether you have computer security experience and are looking to advance, or you’re new to the field and looking to get your start, our Associate’s curriculum will provide the practical skills it takes to succeed as a Cybersecurity professional and our Bachelor’s will take you to the next level.
Cybersecurity Associate’s Degree
Our Cybersecurity Associate’s degree is a 16-month* program that allows you to gain the necessary skills to pursue a career in many different IT-related positions in a short amount of time.
Cybersecurity Bachelor’s Degree
Our 31-month** Cybersecurity Bachelor’s degree program takes things to the next level providing a more in-depth view into the world of Cybersecurity with additional courses and a virtual practice lab that provides real-time scenarios to navigate and solve.
Is a Career in IT Right for You? Take the Valley College "IT Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your IT Career Training Readiness score now!
Hear What Our Cybersecurity Graduates Have to Say!
I have not been without work this entire pandemic. As a matter of fact I changed jobs and was hired quickly because they need professionals. Job security is real in the cyber field.
Who Hires Our Cybersecurity Grads?
Valley Cybersecurity Grads are In Demand! Check out these high-profile employers!
- The Rehancement Group – Government/Security Contractor
- GDC – Government/Security Contractor
- Synergy – Government Cybersecurity Contractor
- Williams Lea – Business Outsourcing
- Monticola Security – Security Services
And many more!
- Multi-National Defense Security and Aerospace Company – 83,000 employees
- Multi-National Information Technology Company – 350,000 employees
- Multi-National Financial Services Company – 259,000 employees
- Government/Healthcare Project Management Contractor
- Global/National Intelligence Contractor – 15,000 employees
- US Government Agency – 74,000 employees
- Appalachian Region Energy Company
Upon successful completion of this program, you may pursue a variety of interesting professional positions, including:
- Network Security Specialist
- Data Security Specialist
- Cloud Security Specialist
- Security Engineer
- Information Assurance Engineer
- Security Administrator
- Information Security Manager
- Security Analyst
- Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- IT Security Specialist
- Infosec Technician
- Privacy and Security Architect
- Network Security Architect
- IT Auditor
- Network Security Consultant
- Infrastructure Security Consultant
There is a major need for Cybersecurity professionals across the country! Take a look at the heatmap below, provided by Cyberseek.org, which details openings across the United States.
Valley College is a proud partner of CompTIA. While preparation and exam taking are ultimately our students’ responsibility and we cannot guarantee outcomes, our Associate’s Degree program has been designed to prepare you for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam upon program completion and our Bachelor’s Degree program has been designed to prepare you for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam. You will have a dedicated Student Success Coach who will help you create a personalized plan for obtaining these certifications as you proceed through the program. These certifications will help you become more marketable in the high-growth field of Cybersecurity!
Training Suited for Your Schedule
Both Cybersecurity degree programs are offered entirely online. You get the technical skills and practical industry knowledge it takes to pursue a rewarding career, in a convenient and flexible format that fits your life.
You may be training on your own schedule, but you are far from alone. Dedicated instructors will provide you with the personalized instruction you need to be successful, as well as an Online Student Success Coach who will provide ongoing student services throughout your Cybersecurity training.
- No Commute – save time & money by not having to travel to campus
- Get Your Own Schedule – training to fit your life
- Learn at Your Own Pace – schooling to fit your learning style
Building Your Career as a Cybersecurity Professional
In addition to gaining the practical skills required to become a Cybersecurity professional, you’ll also receive career development guidance so you can make the most of your training and feel fully prepared to make the transition from student to working professional.
Is a Rewarding Career in Cybersecurity Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Cybersecurity and exploring whether Valley College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call:
Valley College online programs are administered through the Martinsburg campus.
Online programs at Valley College are currently not available to students from California.
*Associate’s Degree Program length when completed in normal time
**Bachelor’s Degree Program length when completed in normal time.