Get the Skills to Become a Nursing Professional
One Class Every 3 Weeks!
Focused Training Preferred by Students!
10-Month* Professional Practical Nurse (LPN) Training Program
As a practical nurse, you will work under the direction of healthcare professionals and provide nursing services to patients. Practical nurses are key members of any healthcare team as they interact directly with patients on a daily basis.
The Practical Nursing training program provides the real-world skills and learning it takes to become a qualified LPN in a 10 month program*. Graduates of this program are prepared to work in a variety of medical settings including hospitals, clinics and physicians’ offices, as well as home health care.
This program is currently offered at our Cleveland, OH Campus & Fairlawn, OH Satellite.
- Oct 16thPractical Nursing Valley College (Fairlawn, OH Satellite) W. Market Street Fairlawn OH United States 44333 Get the skills and hands-on training you need to start a rewarding, stable career as a Practical Nurse (LPN) and enter into the growing healthcare industry. https://valley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/lpn-poster-hero.jpgValley College
- Oct 16thPractical Nursing Valley College (Cleveland, OH Campus) 8700 Brookpark Road Cleveland OH United States 44129 Get the skills and hands-on training you need to start a rewarding, stable career as a Practical Nurse (LPN) and enter into the growing healthcare industry. https://valley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/lpn-poster-hero.jpgValley College
The best way to see if Valley College is the right fit for you is to come and tour the school. You can tour our facilities and meet with students and instructors. Schedule a tour now or Get more info.
Become a Skilled Practical Nurse
During the Practical Nursing program, you will learn how to safely administer prescribed medication (including IV therapy), provide accurate reporting and documentation on patient records, and demonstrate effective therapeutic communication with patients.
You will learn:
- Intro to Nursing and Medical Terminology
- Nursing Anatomy & Physiology
- Pharmacology/IV Therapy
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing
- Maternity and Child Nursing
Is a Rewarding Career as a LPN Right for You? Take the Valley College 'Healthcare Career Training Readiness' Quiz
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Healthcare Career Training Readiness score now!
Clinicals: Hands-On Practical Experience
Nursing is a hands-on job, and there’s no better way to learn than through clinical and lab exercises.
As part of the required curriculum, students complete clinical training. Clinical training provides you with real-world experience and lets you get a real feel for an LPN workplace before you graduate.
If I could give one piece of advice to someone considering Valley, it would be "Do it!" Valley College is the place to go. They will make sure you succeed.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be qualified for a career in a variety of interesting areas, including:
- Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities
- Physicians’ Offices
- Home Health Care Facilities
- Community Care Facilities
NCLEX-PN Licensure Exam
Valley College curriculum helps students prepare to take the NCLEX-PN exam. Upon completion of the PN program, students must apply for and pass the NCLEX-PN exam to obtain licensure as a practical nurse.
Building Your Career as a Nursing Professional
In addition to gaining the practical skills required to become a Nursing professional, you’ll also receive career development guidance so you can make the most of your training and feel prepared to make the transition from student to working professional.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Practical Nurse Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Practical Nursing and exploring whether Valley College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 216-453-8201
*Program length when completed in normal time. Valley College curriculum helps students prepare to take the NCLEX-PN exam. Upon completion of the PN program, students must apply for and pass the NCLEX-PN exam to obtain licensure as a licensed practical nurse.